- Hits: 8862
RISA-GEN is a modern development platform for database-based information management systems whose basic functionality can be easily configured. At the beginning of the configuration of a specific model in RISA-GEN, the full functionality (import / export in XML, Excel and CSV format, explorer with tree-view representation of the application structure, query tools, assistants etc.) is already available.
RISA-GEN can be used as a single workplace solution or in client server mode and runs on the operating system platforms Windows 2000 and XP, Linux and Mac OS X. To use a RISA-GEN application, a Java-run time environment is required. All current market database systems, for example Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Access and Postgres can be used.
An extended generic approach has been chosen based on the ZEDB-2000 structure. Besides the structuring of data stock, class groups, classes (object types) and subclasses it is also possible to create subsets of these structures. RISA-GEN uses a finely graded hierarchical user rights management.
Comprehensive configuration possibilities
The application platform RISA-GEN has a strong focus on comprehensive configurability. There are many different tools available for the administration at each stage of a RISA-GEN application. This makes it is possible to compile a RISA-GEN based application in very short time, and to make changes in the application structure at any time in the future.
Through different interfaces RISA-GEN applications are directly linkable with other applications, such as office applications (Microsoft Word and Excel), and GIS applications from different manufacturers.
Furthermore, RISA-GEN supports:
• Import and export of generic as well as custom programmed XML formats
• Report modules
• Strong cryptography based on asymmetrical processes
• Multilingual possibilities of the whole application (internationalisation, i18n)
• Time-dependent management of data sets (histories)
• List dependences and computed fields
• Recording of personal layout in user profiles
• Recovery of deleted objects
Realized RISA-GEN applications
The following are just some of the RISA-GEN applications that have been developed for different German authorities at the national and the federal level:
• RISA-GEN AKN (sewage register for the federal state lower Saxony, developed for NLWKN-Hildesheim)
• RISA-GEN ALKAT (polluted areas register of the federal state Brandenburg developed for the Federal Environment Agency)
• RISA-GEN Soil to plant transfer (Register and evaluation of transfer data from soil to plant, developed for the Federal Environment Agency)
• IPPC applications within the scope of TWINNING projects in Czechia and Romania
• RISA-GEN CO2 (CO2 application software, developed for the Federal Environment Agency, UBA, and the Federal Environment Ministry)